Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School!



How has time gone by so fast? It seems as if it were only yesterday that Lexi was hair on a little body. She is growing up to be such a great little lady, we are so proud of her. I sometimes miss the silly little girl that she was, she often used words that were beyond her age and size. I wish that I had slowed down more to appreciate it all in the moment. She is now closing in on 10 years old and I couldn't feel more blessed than to have her as my daughter. She and I rode a few crazy waves together, sometimes I think she held me up better at times than I held her. I have grown as a person and a mother being in her charge. I love who she is and the potential I see in her, I don't take credit for Alexis because I think she was born Alexis and there wasn't much that needed assistance, I mean the girl potty trained her self before she was two. She is what you might say "An old soul", she is a wonderful big sister and Jimmy and I love being her parents!
This picture is from Lexi's first day of pre-school (she was not even 3 yet)!

2 comments:

John and Heather Davis said...

It seems that as we get older the years go by alot quicker! Only if we could hit the pause button every now and then to enjoy or children a little more!

Heather B said...

She is beautiful. I can't believe she potty trained herself so young! Amazing.