Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where Did She Go???



Where did my little girl go? As parents I know we say "They grow up too fast!" but man, I just can't figure out how Lexi got to be a 5th Grader! Tomorrow is her first day of 5th Grade, it will be a little tougher this year, as she is going to a brand new school and they have a longer day here, but I am sure in no time she will be making friends and finding her way around campus! She is very nervous, and I can totally relate, I remember the night before school started I was excited but also felt like I was gonna throw-up!

Lexi is such a gem, she really is, I know I expect a lot out of her and I can be tough on her, but I sure love her so much and when I hear her silly laugh or notice her looking over the top of her glasses I can't help but smile. Her help with James and Grace is priceless, she is smart and has this inner joy that just stumbles out of her. Lexi loves her family and is fiercely loyal to all of us, if she senses me getting upset at someone she will say to me "Mom, they don't know who they are messin with huh? I could tell you were about to go all 'Holler' on them!" How can I not appreciate the fact that she knows me oh so well!! (for those unaware the "Holler" in me can be the horns of the bull)

Well I am sure I will post a little tomorrow on how her first day went but I had to post a little something about my sweet girl tonight!

Love to you,

7 comments:

Amy said...

Nice to meet you, Marylin. Are you Janna Hollers sister? WE went to UNLV together.

GHFamily said...

Hi Marilyn,
Time flies doesn't it.. I still remember Lexi as a 2 yr old.. She's gonna rule the school this year for sure!

Jessi McCall said...

Oh it does go by TOO fast! She is a gem..she has a sweet soul. I loved the picture. Good luck to her at her new school!

Liz Prisbrey said...

I think I expect way too much of Mason too. It goes with being the oldest I guess. I'm always shocked to see people's kids that I grew up with. I remember being in 5th grade and it was a big deal. We felt so cool!! haha... She will love it! She'll be the cool new kid!

John and Marissa said...

What a dollface that Lexi is...and a blessing to your family! I have seen how she helps out - what a sweet girl!

Man! I am finding out more and more that time really does fly.

Chad & Emylee said...

what! 5th grade! now i feel old! lol!and i don't evan have any yet! lol! luv ya!

millisa said...

that is exactly how i remember the two of you. isn't it so crazy how the time flies? i took gage to his first day of 6th grade yesterday, and it just about cruched me!