Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Scripture! You're Never Alone

Being in a new City, hundreds of miles from my "comfort zone" there have been moments where I have had the creeping feeling of being alone. Especially during the day when Jimmy is at work and the kids are off to school or taking naps, while the quiet is nice, there has also been a longing for the familiar, a street, a grocery store or a face I would recognize. When I lived in Vegas I would often make sure I was somewhat presentable in public because I knew the moment I wasn't, I would run into someone I knew, but here as I walk up and down the isles of Wal-Mart there has yet to be a single face I recognize. In fact my run ins were so prolific in Vegas that my husband would make comments about how I knew everyone in the city, here not so much. I digress, I guess the point is that there have been great valleys of loneliness in the recent weeks and so I find myself on my knees in prayer more often, knowing that there is One who will be there at anytime, day or night. He can comfort me, and has comforted me not just during this time in my life but through difficult miscarriages, loss of jobs and loved ones and many other occasions. We have a saying that hangs by our front door, it reads

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction I had nowhere else to go."
Abraham Lincoln

This statement has been a common theme in my life and I am sure it will continue to be as I do not expect a vacation from trials or difficulties anytime soon. The Lord has seen fit to place these challenges in my path and while the navigation can tricky and terrain rough, He is with me and that brings me peace.


object width="560" height="340">

Love to you,

3 comments:

Kelli Eudis said...

Hey Marylin!
Good post. I know how you feel. Especially since I come from a small town :)

I would love to go shoot and explore some different areas of denver. My days are pretty open. Just my little boy has preschool a few days a week, so we'll definitely have to plan something.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are blessed with the gift to write and share your feelings. I love you. Keep running to the finish line. Tonight my friend Elayne and I made up a new country song. " If I didn't have a bad mood I might not have any mood at all" So I am grateful for what I have!t

Liz Prisbrey said...

Loved the video. Perfect.