Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Scripture! Faith and Hope

Ether 12:4

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

Today was a GREAT Sunday at church! Yes, we were a bit late, and yes, I sent Jimmy ahead with the kids because after 20 interruptions I was the last one ready, and yes, I was feeling a little ADD while sitting Sunday school so I played a small game of solitaire on my ipod. Then Relief Society came and there is something about my new ward, the new ladies I have met just somehow make every Sunday great! I love chatting with them as we wait for R.S to begin and then in the hallways after, OK so sometimes a little laughing during, but I really try hard to pay attention! I have realized today how there is something about just being with all these women that believe, and try, and work, and cry about many of the same things I do, that just lifts me! I get a boost knowing that no matter where I am, if I am strong in my faith that the Lord will bless me. He will send people to teach me and walk beside me as he would.

I was beyond blessed in Las Vegas with friends who could read my mind, with an unexpected phone call or cookies at my door just when I was on the verge of whatever or wherever we mothers go to at times. It was very difficult to leave them, to leave the support system that I had for 25 years, I wasn't sure I would find people to belong with, which shows my lack of faith I guess. Yet here I am just 6 weeks in our new home and I feel it bubbling, you know, that feeling of excitement when you know a whole new chapter is ahead and each page is more amazing as you go! Well, that's what I felt today as I was walking to our car to go home and my kids are happily telling me about their classes, as my sweet Grace said "Mom, this is my favorite place in the whole world, today I learned EVERYTHING!"

So today I give thanks to my Heavenly Father who knows me, who knows all the right elements to add to my life to give me piece and provide strength and substance to my story. I also give thanks to the women who have touched my life through their service and love!



Oh and I didn't see this video until after I wrote the post, crazy huh?!?

Love to you

4 comments:

GHFamily said...

Hey Marilyn

i feel the same way about my rs.. they were instrumental in helping me adjust to the new move.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Love Grace's comment! It makes the effort worth it when your kids say those kind of things.

I love the video clip too. Such great words!

Kari Clark said...

I'm so glad that you like it here - it's been so fun to get to know you. Check out the latest post on my blog. I hope that you can come.
Kari

Unknown said...

I am happy because you are happy. I can't understand why your kids, husband and life make you want to cry. Mine are special all the time! (what happens to people who lie or have no memory of the past?) Love and miss you. mom