Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hard Day

So yesterday the 24th was a year from the day that our sweet friends were killed in a car accident. For those of you that are not familiar I will give a short version of what happened. Our friends Kaytee and Kenzee were on there way home from Utah when Kaytee lost control of the car and it rolled killing them both. Kaytee was only 23 and Kenzee was just 8, it has been a very tough year, we have missed them so much. Yesterday I spent some time reflecting on them and remembering their smiles, please indulge me for a moment while their memories are spilled onto the page. Kaytee had this laugh that could just light up the room and Kenzee was sweet and had this little voice. One of my most favorite memories I have of Kenzee was when we went to FAO Schwartz for Lexi's birthday and while the other girls were looking at all the toys I turned around to see sweet little Kenzee wearing a cute red sweater, sitting in an over sized rocking chair, holding a baby doll in her arms and rocking it like it was her very own. She was looking down at the baby and touching it's face, I could just tell she was dreaming about being a mommy, the image is still very fresh in my mind and I am so grateful for that. There is not a day that goes by that we don't think of them. Lexi misses her friend dearly and while we know that they are watching over us it doesn't make us miss them any less. How grateful we are to have the gospel and the knowledge that we will see them again and oh what a day it will be when we reunite with them.


This picture of Kenzee was taken that day at FAO Schwartz and the one of Kaytee & her dog Jack was taken just a few months before the accident.



No comments: