Friday, October 30, 2009

Flashback Friday! "Can I Take a Picture With You?"


Since we are so close to Halloween I thought I would share a picture from Halloween Past. While we lived in Vegas we made it a tradition to go to a pumpkin patch every year, well three years ago we were at the pumpkin patch getting ready to take a few pictures when all of a sudden 10 people surrounded us. Some were men in black suits and sunglasses with ear pieces, some were younger women with rolls of stickers in their hands, and then an older lady came over and asked to be in the picture with Jimmy and the kids. I had no clue who she was, but felt bad to say no, so I smiled and said "sure". Once she walked away I noticed that the "sticker girls" had placed one on Grace and Lexi and they read "Carter" on them, at the time Jimmy Carter Jr. was running for an office in Nevada and so I assumed they were just people out trying to get votes for him.

Well, later on I was speaking to my Mom and told her about the old lady that wanted a picture with us and the "sticker girls" and my mother began laughing hysterically and told me that was Rosalynn Carter, former First lady and wife of former President, Jimmy Carter. Suddenly it all made sense, but I still wouldn't have known who she was since they were at the White House from 1977-1981. I felt a little bad for her because in her mind she is "Rosalynn Carter", and to me she was "some old lady that wanted a picture with us". It is fun though to look at the picture and think that Jimmy and the girls had their picture taken with a former First Lady, although I still chuckle a little every time I see it.

HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN!!


Love to you

3 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

Oh my goodness! That's HILARIOUS!! What a cool picture to have, but an even BETTER story that goes along with it! It reminds me of my sister who "accidentally" ran a marathon earlier this month! You guys accidentally and totally obliviously got a picture taken with a celebrity!! That's awesome!

Britney said...

That is the best story! I laughed out loud! Are you still enjoying the snow? I have family in Thornton and we have had some pretty memorable Thanksgivings being snowed in there! Hope your family is well.
Britney

Glenna said...

You never cease to make me smile, girl. This is awesome. I'm with you... I'd have no idea who she was. Hilarious!