Sunday, October 19, 2008

"The Rain in Spain Stays Mainly in the Plains"

Posted by Picasa


So I have finished it! For weeks now I have been wanting to make an apron inspired by the movie "My Fair Lady", if you have seen the movie then it should ring a bell if not, I don't know what to tell ya! I have loved that movie for a very long time and Audrey Hepburn, so I was very excited to see if I was up to the challenge. Well, I began working on it a few days ago and then last night with the wee ones in bed I was able to complete it! Now it is not to the perfection that I had hoped, but I think I did pretty good for it being only my 3rd apron EVER!!

(For those of you who have not seen the movie, due to age, gender, lack of culture or bad eye sight, here is a picture of the actual dress.)

10 comments:

Janna said...

I love it Marylin. I am so impressed!!! So you asked me what kind of an apron I am, and I am a "Wizard of Oz" Apron. And no, not a dorothy or glenda... but a Wicked witch:)
I love you little sis

Michelle said...

I've always loved My Fair Lady too!!!! That is a beautiful apron. I'd be afraid to wear it. I get my current apron so MESSY! But it's ugly and I have been thinking I need to make myself a new one...hmmmm....

"Lack of culture"...heh heh. That's funny. :)

Jill said...

Words words words. Show me! Love it. Great job.

Shannon said...

I love it, Gorgeous! I wouldn't want to wear it though since I can't cook anything without wearing it. Good job.

Sara Cecil said...

so super cute!

Leah said...

You did a great job! What a cute idea and I always love anything in black and white! CUTE!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Great job!!! I love it! I love the movie also, but it has been a while since I have seen it. I'm glad you posted a picture of her dress as well.

Bonnie said...

The lace worked perfect. It's just like the original. My best apron is the one I own. Thank you so much. I love it.

Heather B said...

Oh my word, that is absolutely darling! Good job! Thanks for the MFL picture too, I wouldn't have been able to recall the dress from my memory.

Let's definitely get together soon! What ward are you in now that they changed the boundaries around? And there's a Halloween party this Saturday at the church...you should come and bring the kids.

Page said...

As always I am impressed at your crafty nature- that apron is so adorable, I'd be afraid to ever wear it! PS When are you going to teach me how to make a cute picture collage on my blog?