Monday, May 3, 2010

The Effects of An HGTV Obsession

It's true I am slightly addicted to HGTV! If I am watching the tv then most likely that is the channel I am tuned in to!! The problem when I watch it so much is that I get ideas for all the things I want to do/change/fix/create in my own house. I wanted a little change in the master bedroom, but I didn't have a big budget so I created new throw pillows from a shower curtain and a little bit of scrap fabric. I painted a white dresser, moved a few things around, took some stuff down and added a few small inexpensive details (as in 75 % of clearance at places like Michael's, Ross and Target) So here are pictures of some of the changes.

BEFORE

AFTER (not quite done)



BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER



The Next photos are of pillows/curtains/pictures that have been added to these rooms
I made the above pillow and added some new pictures on the wall


I painted the little table and made the pillow


This pillow and two others were added to the couch



The curtains were some pre-made ones that I had and I just added fabric along the bottom in order to unify them and make them long enough for the window!!

These are picture walls that I put up (the above wall are pictures of all the military family members I have and old maps from WWII)


11 comments:

Sara Cecil said...

what can I say......... You inspire me!!!! LOVE all of it. The room is coming along GREAT!

Heather B said...

Wow, I LOVE it all! Looks like it belongs in a magazine. Nice job to you! And on a small budget too- amazing!

John and Marissa said...

You're hired!!! My place next! LOL! You did an amazing job! You should have your own HGTV show. ;)

Psych Major said...

If I fly you out here will you please help me..lol!!!!!! You are INSANELY talented!!!!!!!! :)

Rachel B. said...

So impressed! Especially at your creativity with using a shower curtain for material for pillows. Great work. It all looks great!

Jessi McCall said...

I love the yellow accent in your bedroom! I also love the curtains you spruce up! Seriously, I wish I had one creative bone in my body. You should hold a seminar next time you come to Vegas!

Unknown said...

(kasey's comment) Super cute! I wish I was creative in decorating. Dave is, but not me. Not at all. I love the changes you made to your bedroom - does Jimmy appreciate no longer sleeing in a princess bed?

Marylin said...

Kasey- Jimmy was very happy when I took the "Mosquito Net" down (that is what I tried to tell him it was )! I must admit that it makes the room feel more open and larger!!

The rest of you are the best friends a girl could ask for, thanks for the thumbs up cause I am always nervous to show my house because my stuff is usually hand made or from thrift stores!! :) Love you all

Jen Anderson said...

Love it all! It looks beautiful and I am so jealous. Everyone of my house projects are undone! Wanna come over?!!
Homemade & thrift store stuff is the very best kind of stuff!!
again-Love it all!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

You really have an amazing AMAZING talent!! I can never see these things. I love the way you have simply pulled everything together. You should start doing your own step by step training blogs on things you are doing. My friend, a woman, is very handy person. She is flipping houses. She writes a blog to teach other woman how to "fix it" themselves.

Kari Clark said...

As always, you have great style. Can you share some of that with me, I am slightly style deficient.