Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ask, and Ye Shall Receive!

*(deep breath and moving on from the hard and sad stuff, for now)*

For as long as I remember being able to talk, which is pretty much since my conception, I have said that I should have been born with red, *curly* hair, and a Southern accent! I dunno why I decided that would be awesome, but I did, so I wanted it, k. Well the luckiest thing happened while I was in high school my hair just started "growing"(enter sarcasm) red, it was a miracle! Sometimes it was a slightly different shade of red, but it really has been amazing ever since. Then 11 years ago my parents had a neighbor move across the street who was from the South and between her and my Grandma & Dad who were born in the South suddenly I started having people ask me where I was from! Southern words just pop out without even trying, I guess DNA even takes into account accents now, again, a miracle! This is where it just gets plain crazy, shortly after I had James I noticed that my hair was getting kinda curly, but I figured it might just be while my hormones where adjusting, well here he is almost 2 and my hair is even more curly. The best was when I recently went in for a hair cut to a new stylist and she was like "So I see you have naturally red curly hair." and I was like "Yeah, tough huh?" then we are talking for a few minutes and she says "Where are you from?" I said "Las Vegas." she says "Oh I thought you were maybe from the South." Um HELLO my dream has come true! Not only is my hair red, I talk with a Southern accent and my hair is curly!!! C'mon now ya'll, don't hate!

6 comments:

Amber said...

cute!

Unknown said...

So wait until the crazy Serbian wrinkles set in. Enjoy your visit to the Holler side of the family. Nice picture.

Janelle Ehat said...

You are so beautiful! I think we should have been born sisters! My hair started growing red highlights when I was in Junior High and although it was straight when I was young with each of my kids it's gotten a little more curly! Love it!

Kari Clark said...

You seriously make me laugh. I love it!

Jessi McCall said...

in a world where everyone(me included) is always complaining about their looks, it is refreshing to hear someone HAPPY with theirs! :) You do have great hair.

Hen Jen said...

you have beautiful hair! My hair became curly when I hit my 20's..but it is so heavy that once dry it pulls mostly out and just looks messy. I flat iron it...I've been toying with the idea of trying to get it more curly when dry...