Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Scripture! A Ruby!


Proverbs 31:10,11 & 12


10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Our lesson today in R.S (Relief Society) was on Unselfish Service. It touched me because lately I have struggled with where I belong and I really felt like this lesson was just for me! The scriptures we used were in Proverbs where it talks about how Virtuous Women are needed! It made me realize that there is no amount of notoriety from the world that could equal the feeling we can receive from serving each other, our families and our communities! No amount of money can be paid for the talent that women have to inherently serve those around them. It might go unnoticed by some but not by those being served. The small things do matter and can change the lives of those being blessed by our service, our time and our talents, as well as, change us, change me!

I know that I have become closer to the women whom I have served and I love them more. I also know the deep affection and gratitude I feel for the women who have served me in my times of need. There have been numerous times that I have been blessed by others who were in tune to the spirit and I pray everyday that I might also here the promptings to know those in need of the gifts that I have to offer!

Happy Sunday to you



1 comment:

John and Marissa said...

Amen sista! I totally needed to read this...thanks for sharing.