Totally and utterly a mess! That has been my brain for the last several weeks, maybe months or even years perhaps but for the purpose of this post we will go with a shorter length of time. I have been meaning to blog and wanting to blog and yet my thinker seems to be on vacation or something and was unkind enough to leave my body in the real world.
Here I am with some time to write instead of sew and all I can think about is how I should be sewing since all the children are asleep and Jimmy and I went for a nice long walk. I must say that my new obsession with sewing fills a need to be creative and create, it allows me to relax and think of nothing but the fabric in front of me and listen to the lull of the machine. The aprons for the winners are coming along quite nicely and I am excited for you girls to get them. I am also sewing up some Christmas gifts and a few other projects are in the works as well.
We have done so much and I have yet to scratch the surface of the last few months so I will attempt to list just a few of the happenings with us as a family.
1. We are staying with my parents for now, our move to Colorado seems to be on an extended hold as things have changed with Jimmy's job here and potential job and school there.
2. Jimmy has had successful Daddy/Daughter dates with each of the girls over the last couple weeks.
3. We had a week long visit with my nephew Ethan, it was great to see the cousins get to play and be silly.
4. Grace and James have both had colds and were so sweet to pass it along to Mommy so as I type I have a tissue plugged up my nose to keep it from running.
5. I am so very close to the BIG 30 and thinking I really need to color my hair to cover some of the grays, it has been way too long.
6. Lexi has switched classrooms at school going from Mrs. Wright's class to Ms. Hite's class due to some very disruptive classmates and an undesirable track.
7. Jimmy sat on a Jury for the last week and the best part is knowing that he is safe for a few years.
8. I finally changed the name on my social security card after nearly 6 years of marriage, and let me tell you there are some very interesting people at the social security office, so many friends to choose from!
9. Started a fabric exchange club with two very awesome fellow sew obsessed friends and hoping there is maybe a few others that want to join us!?
10. Mostly I have been trying to revel in the small, yet important steps my children are making
Lexi is becoming more independent by the minute, we chopped her hair off and it's like it aged her a few years.
Grace is on a great sleep routine, going to bed every night at 8 pm sometimes earlier and we are working on getting her into a pre-school offered through the district
James is advancing everyday, he is a sweet and happy boy and he makes my days so fun and full.
4 weeks ago