Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Scripture, Light of the World


In 3 Nephi 9:18 it reads

" I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."



I have been reading in 3 Nephi lately and it seems to have hit me differently this time around, I suppose it could be because of the turmoil that the world seems to be in at this time, or maybe I have humbled my self enough to see it in a new way. Chapter 9 is right after Jesus was crucified on the cross and the earth has suffered from great destruction, many many people have died and it has been left dark. Now this darkness is not like the dark we know, but a darkness without the Moon or stars, no fire will light, no light of any kind, it is pitch black and just when the people are in the midst of despair they hear the voice of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He gives them warnings and instructions, and then reminds them that He is the Light of the world. He took the light from them so they would know what it would feel like to live in the darkness, or in other words to live without Him! I pray that I can live my life in such a way that can have Him with me at all times, that I will be humble enough to hear His voice and feel His love. Happy Sunday and Love to you all!

No comments: