Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't Call P.E.T.A, But This Ain't My First Rodeo!


I haven't been able to post about all we have been up to at great length but I wanted to post about the Clark County Fair and Rodeo that we went to a few weeks ago! It has become a bit of a tradition for our family, I think we enjoy it as much as the kids if not more so because we get to enjoy watching their faces! This year Lexi brought along her friend Ali and Grandma came along as well, we headed out Thursday afternoon and the weather was absolutely perfect!!

Our first stop was the livestock barns to see the baby pigs, bunnies, chickens, cows and this year there were people carving butter. That kinda grossed me out so we stuck to the animals, everyone LOVED the pigs that were just 5 days old, especially James, I think it was because they were smaller than him. I felt for the Sow, poor Mama, she just gave birth and now all these strangers are watching as her little ones are sucking the life out of her, I totally get it!!





Next was food! We decided we would get everybody fed before the crowds came in for dinner and we stopped at our favorite Pulled Pork Sandwiches booth!! My mouth is watering just thinking of them, they also have amazing cinnamon rolls, good thing the fair is only once a year or I would weigh 7 million pounds!! After we stuffed ourselves sufficiently we headed off to the rides, this was what Grace had been waiting for! The big girls stayed with Grandma and went on the older rides, while Jimmy and I took the two little kids and let them ride all the slower rides. It was James' first time and man oh man did he love them!! Grace got to be the big sister and keep him safe but the smile on his face was priceless!!



Once we had our fill or rides it was time for my favorite, the Rodeo!! I heart the rodeo more than words can adequately express, I loved them as a little girl when we lived in Colorado and went most Friday nights, and I love them now!! I could sit and watch it all for hours, the lights, the clowns, the announcer, oh and some boys in tight Wrangler jeans aren't too bad to watch either! As a young thing I thought I would grow up and be a barrel racer but when we moved to Vegas the dream changed a bit, instead I wanted to be a Blackjack Dealer, or the ultimate, A "Pole Professional"!! OK, just kidding!!




As the Bull Riding came to an end I knew it was time to return to being 30 and pack the kids in the car and head home! It was sad to think that we might not be coming back to the Clark County Fair next year, but I rather think that I will want to drive all the way from Colorado with three kids to get some more of that pulled pork and the Wrangler jeans! YEE HAWWW!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love a good rodeo every now and again.

Jessi McCall said...

I love a rodeo, but more for the boys in their wranglers. :) Looks like you and your family had some good times. :)

Jessie said...

I am sad that I didn't run into you this year at the fair. Those pulled pork sandwiches are my favorite. I am already craving one for next year. Hopefully you still can come next year! :)

Annie said...

We have been going there since I can remember and this was the first year in 8 years that I have missed it. SO SAD! Now what the heck you are moving to Colorado?????? Where????? I know I have been out of the blogging world for a while so I am going to scroll down and find out details unless you haven't posted about it!

Annie said...

P.S. I want to be invited to read your private blog anniescott29@yahoo.com I always love to hear what you have to say and I love your writing!