Friday, April 4, 2008

Flashback Friday! Hawaii!

 
Posted by Picasa

Well I can't believe it has been nearly a year since Jimmy and I were able to go to Hawaii for a good friends wedding. We stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu it was AMAZING! We ate breakfast every morning in a place looking at the ocean and walked along private beaches. Being in the Temple was also exciting, I had been there 10 years before but I had not seen the sealing room. It was Jimmy's first trip to Hawaii and I loved watching how excited he was. We went snorkeling and spent a short time at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We made so many memories, I will never forget the feeling of going to sleep with the sound of the ocean in the background nor will I forget how sad we were to come home. It went so fast and we were not ready to leave but I guess it left us with enough taste that we can't wait to go back. The best part about it was the time that Jimmy and I got to spend together, we don't get much alone time and really never have in our marriage since we have always had children so this opportunity was a blessing! We really reconnected and now when we look back at pictures from that trip we have a tug on our heart strings and a longing to return. Anyway here are some pics from this amazing memory!

Our friends are now living in Hawaii running an ultra sound business so we will be heading back as soon and as often as possible!!
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

2 comments:

John and Heather Davis said...

How beautiful!!! I havent been back sence our trip in high school and I absolutely miss it. John and I plan to go for our 10th anniversary, I cant wait!!! I love the picture of the 2 of you looking at each other. Its so beautiful! You can see so much love in both of you have for one another!!;)

Shelley said...

Oh man, that is where I want to be. Jake's parents have taken us a couple times and coming home is always a tragedy!!!