Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Scripture: Never Alone

Matthew 14:30-31
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?



In the May 1991 Ensign Thomas S. Monson spoke of the difficulties in War, not only in battles with guns and tanks but the war that can sometimes be the fight in our lives. Struggles that will inevitably come for all of us, he reminds us that we must comfort each other, reach out, love, and lift one anothers burdens and to also know that the Lord will lift ours.

To you He speaks the heavenly and divine assurance: “I am with you; you are never alone.”

The Following is one of my Favorite songs from Lady Antebellum:

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
May you always have plenty
The glass never empty
Know in your belly
You're never alone

May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
As every year passes
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone

(Chorus)
Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone

Well I have to be honest
As much as I wanted
I'm not gonna promise that cold winds won't blow
So when hard times have found you
And your fears surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

(Chorus)
Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone

My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
And when hard times have found you
And your fears surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

(Chorus)
Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone

My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone



I must say that in my life I feel and see the waves of struggle, sadness and trials roll, as well as in the lives of those I love. In many respects it is much harder for me to watch others in their difficulties when it seems so unfair and there is very little I can do. I know that those things are out of my control and that the Lord is the one in charge and yet there are still moments when I wish it wasn't His plan for them to suffer. I want to yell at Him and say "Give it to me!, give me their pain!" and then I remember it is Him who will take it and relieve them in His time and way!

I know that my part is to love, to listen, to pray and live my life being grateful for my friends and family and support them in any way that I can. Over the weekend I was blessed to spend several hours with my extended family and my heart was filled with gratitude that these people are related to me! That I, was placed into the midst of such amazing strength, kindness, love and wisdom.

I was speaking with a cousin about how amazing my mother and her 4 siblings are, that there couldn't be 5 more compassionate, loving, funny and generous people all in the same family, anywhere else! Of course we are biased, but it makes me realize how important living righteously is, that for generations after me there will be those looking up to my example. Will I make mistakes, have I made mistakes, yes, but it will be how I recover from those mistakes and how I overcome my trials that will be my mark.



Tonight I am grateful to know that I am not alone and neither are my friends and family who are dealing with their own private struggles!

Love to You,

Happy Sunday

Marylin

1 comment: