Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coming to the End of Summer

Well this past week I had aspirations of doing some fun things with the kids since it is their last full week of Summer break before school starts.  It didn't really go as planned but I think we still got out and did a few things, Monday we went swimming with our friends the Andersons and the kids LOVED it!  Grace had been anticipating the Ward Swim Party the previous Friday but when the afternoon thunderstorm moved in it was canceled, which for Grace, means devastation so when my friend Jen asked us to come down to their community pool I was ALL for it!







And if your sister won't let you out the gate when you want out........


.......it makes you sooo mad!!!!

This little love is my friend Jen's daughter Lucy and I just want to eat her, so funny and so expressive!






Tues and Wed we played at the park and hung out at the house just chillin! I must say that while I like to get out sometimes, I am kind of a homebody and I don't mind having days where we aren't scheduled and busy! However I have had TONS of editing to do so that took up much of my time.

Thursday evening we went over to the Kelley's for a birthday for our nephew Jr., aka Baby Will, aka Little Will, aka Little Willie, seriously the poor kid won't know his name because EVERYONE calls him something different lol, he turned 3 so we went over for a mini party.

Friday I woke early to head out to some garage sales, my true love, (it was a friends that is moving) where I ran into a new friend, Michele, from my ward, she and I headed to another garage sale and then back to my house to hang out for a little while. Michele has the cutest little girl my kids were wanting to hold her and love on her, poor thing. After they left we all got our chores done and headed to the library, where I had to handle some mean girls that were playing tricks on Grace, James was addicted to the water fountain, and Lexi wanted to check out every book they have. Since I am already reading a few I restrained myself from checking any out.

As we were leaving the library Jimmy called to say he was on his way home, which made me very happy since it was a little early. He said that he and Rob were gonna go hit some golf balls but thanks to the normal afternoon thunderstorm they changed plans and we decided to have dinner and then they went to do boy stuff at Best Buy! I got the kids to bed and then enjoyed some quiet time reading for the night!!

Saturday we were up and going pretty early because Lexi had a practice with the activity day girls who are singing in church Sunday.  While she sang, James and I headed to another Garage sale (another friend is moving) :(   we hung out and talked and James enjoyed punch and cookies.  Then it was back to pick up Lexi and home to work around the house and eat lunch, followed by an afternoon out with Daddy.  He sweetly took all 3 kids out to spend some time with him, I was able to edit and take a short nap, then we were off and headed to Granny and Grandpa's for dinner.

 After a delicious "Granny cooked meal", we played out in their back yard for a while enjoying the beautiful Summer evening!

I am gonna miss the luxury of lazy days and Summer evenings here in the big CO, but getting back to a school schedule will be nice too! 

No comments: