Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Scripture! "Shall thy Confidence Wax Strong"


D&C 121:45

"Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of

faith, and let
virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence

wax strong in the
presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil

upon thy soul as the dews from
heaven."

In a talk given by Bishop Richard C. Edgley in the Nov. 1994 Ensign he speaks on this very verse and the importance of it.

Today in church this verse was mentioned 3 times and it made me really think about my own life and how the choices I am making will either allow me to have confidence before the Lord or they will leave me ashamed in His presence. I do not want to be ashamed when I stand before my Father in Heaven and so I must make the correct choices in my life.

I think that as human beings we all have a desire to have our parents be proud of us, that we will not be ashamed in their presence, that we will only see approval and love in their eyes. Now while we aren't able to see our Lord and Saviors face just yet, He is aware of us none the less, He knows of our doings in our lives, so we must be cognoscente of this detail, that He knows us and loves us and only wants good for us. We must strive everyday to serve Him and to work towards seeing Him again and all those that wait on the other side of the vale.

I pray to continue on the straight and narrow path, that I might stand before Him one day and have only my confidence with me.

Happy Sunday

All my love,

No comments: