Friday, December 28, 2007

I have gotten so behind!

Well I have gotten really bad at keeping this up, but let me see if I can do a quick catch up. So the month or so before Christmas I spent quite a bit of time on the computer but not blogging or anything other than working on my Christmas gift to my family. I went to my favorite website for online scrapbooking, shutterfly.com and decided to do the same thing for everyone. I thought I was making it easier on me but that ended up being a miscalculation. What I ended up doing was making a book with mini bios on everyone in my family. I hunted down pics of everyone at about the same age or as close as I could come and gave each person their own page and then I did a bunch of pages with old and recent pics of parents, kids, grandkids etc. It turned out great and everyone loved them so it made the many hours worth it! I must say that one of the great things about this project was that I learned so much about my Grandparents and parents. I also found out that I know more about my siblings than I thought. Discovering how much I really love and respect my family and how grateful I am to have them was another ripple effect. I don't have any living grandparents and I was really young when some of them passed away so it was wonderful to get to know them. If I could give any suggestions to those of you that have Grandparents still around is to spend some quality time talking to them and learning about them before they are no longer around. I will try to figure out how to post some of this project.

No comments: